Monday 26 February 2007

Art at the Airport



We're back at the airport, my second home. I stumbled across this colourful installation and simply couldn't work out what it was except that it provided a perching place for a crowd of Germans to eat their lunch (and they wouldn't move while I took the photo...).

I stopped a passing member of staff to find out. She shrugged her shoulders and said she had no idea; something to do with carnival perhaps.

Then I asked the lady seated at the back who said more or less the same thing. In the end I went to the Information desk and they said: "No idea, something to do with Carnival maybe"

It's certainly colourful like Carnival but other than that....I have no idea.

6 comments:

isa said...

Lol, Angela! That's so typical... I can just see them shrugging their shoulders with a bit of a pout, perhaps ;-)))
And at the airport! Welcome to France ;-)

Bill said...

Perhaps it was someone who was bored. I actually heard of a guy who spent 2 weeks repainting traffic signs he thought were confusing. Dressed up as a workman, used the right paint, dis a good job.... It took weeks before someone actually noticed!

Jean said...

Very colourful and a puzzle.

Jilly said...

Love it! So typical....

Jilly xxx

Dsole said...

Wow, it's so original and colorful!

Ming the Merciless said...

Interesting art installation.

But more importantly, what were the Germans eating for lunch? :-)

I'm always hungry!!