Wednesday 9 July 2008

Sometimes I Sits and Thinks....


..and sometimes I just sits..This chappie was waiting patiently while his owner drank her morning coffee. Judging by the bags we were all in town for the sales..
This is the first photo I took with my new camera: a Panasonic Lumix FZ18. I love the portrait work but think that my very ordinary Kodak gave better results vis-a-vis landscapes but it's still a very new toy and I've yet to get further than page 3 of the instructions.
While I was thrilled with the new camera I was less than thrilled with my computer failure. It's taken me a week to have that fixed...oh well!

10 comments:

Victor said...

What a handsome fellow!

Jilly said...

Lovely portrait of a beautiful shar-pei. Good luck with your new camera. As you know, I'm enjoying mine and really like it. Monsieur Benaut in Adelaide has the same camera as us, too.

Pat said...

I am a dog lover (see my avatar...) and like this photo of this pup who's patiently waiting. Unfortunately, I've not had the good fortune to meet any well-behaved or non-aggressive Shar-peis, and hope this guy is different.

Olivier said...

il en effet en pleine réflexion ce chien. tu l'as pris au bon moment, une belle photo, et en plus il est mignon.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful dog. I think your new camera did a great job. While I have and use Canon cameras, I also have a Panasonic Lumix TZ3. While I don't know what these numbers mean, I do know that mine takes good photos too.

Patty and I will be celebrating 53 years of marriage on July 12th. Think of it as a long-term relationship.

I have invited bloggers to offer suggestions on a gift for me to give Patty and the list would not be complete without your ideas.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

tut-tut said...

Nice folds around his face, don't you think? Computer issues are never fun. I'm thinking about getting a Mac laptop this summer;

Knoxville Girl said...

My brother's shar-pei was like this too - always aloof, with an inscrutable expression. This is a great portrait

Virginia said...

The wrinkles look cuter on the pup's face than on mine!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Wonderful snap. Love to be that dog right now, chilling over there.

kuanyin333 said...

I know what you mean about learning new cameras. I've been shopping online for my new baby, but then the thought arises about the learning curve and thus I haven't purchased yet. You did great with this one: marvelous photo!