Friday 1 August 2008

One Sunny Saturday: The Other View


Back to the park: my sister claimed she'd never been up here but the minute she saw this view she remembered. It's hard to forget. Jilly asked if there were a lift. Absolutely yes. Thank goodness. In fact this is one time when you really shouldn't be brave and fit and toil up the stairs because when you walk out of the lift there is a very narrow parapet and this is what you see; the Promenade des Anglais and the Baie des Anges at your feet. The airport is on the tip of land almost immediately opposite and when you come into land there's always that slightly unnerving sensation of touching down on water.
(When flying into Nice always ask for a seat on the left side of the plane when looking up the plane towards the cockpit. You can see the whole coast)

9 comments:

tut-tut said...

Wow! have a great weekend!

Virginia said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. Looks like you and your sister have enjoyed this time together. Why can't i have relatives in Nice!

Jilly said...

What a view. And thanks for the information on the lift. Thank goodness, as you say.

Yes, I always tell people too to sit on the left hand side of the plane. I so love flying into Nice, knowing I'm home at last!

Super shot, Angela. Bet you are pleased with your new camera?

Steve Buser said...

Breathtaking view. I can see how you would remember that years later.

Olivier said...

cette vue est vraiment très impressionnante , elle donne une sensation d'infini.

Knoxville Girl said...

look at how the water has all those shades of blue. wish I could crawl into the picture and enjoy the ocean air with you and your sister!
have a great weekend!

rc said...

great picture, wish it was closer to spend a few hours at the beach

bon w-e

Jane Hards Photography said...

I didn't know there was a lift, having walked up there. Wll you know I'm goinf to enthuse about this. It's a beautiful overview. Beatles Fool on
The Hill was shot here.

What is someone from the Isle of Man doing in Nice, and why isn't it me!

kuanyin333 said...

I love this view! Oh, it makes me long for France!