Saturday 20 September 2008

Sailing Ships...



Driving along the Promenade des Anglais this afternoon we caught sight of these beautiful sailing ships heading towards the port. What to do? Stopping was impossible; traffic's always busy and for once all the traffic lights were on green so my inventive son hung out of the car window with my camera and with a judicious bit of cropping, (I doubted anyone would want to see the barrier or the window), this is the result. Oh and my son's fallen in love with my camera..
According to Nice Matin newspaper this was part of a prestigious sailing ships event. Here's the link...

7 comments:

tut-tut said...

This is just beautiful. Tell your son he's quite a photographer. All those blues are breathtaking.

bitingmidge said...

Yes, the picture has a sort of vintage quality to match the ships.

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia

GMG said...

Hi Angela! Finally I found you back to the blogosphere... Don't know why I lost you somewhere... ;)
Great shots!
Wish you a great weekend and a nice week ahead!
Blogtrotter

Kate said...

Bravo for your son! Now, get him a camera of his own; he has the stuff of a real photographer. Love the photo--it's my kind of scene.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sight! Turned out beautifully.
Frankie

Catherine said...

Photography is an Art from Mother to son, it runs in the family... And Mother to daughter in my case !

He is talented, he is good at the framing!

And you both get a wonderful place as subject! Endless subjects!

Olivier said...

wouahh..superbe cette photo avec la famille voilier.