Monday 2 April 2007

Almost Nice: St Laurent du Var 2


This is the view in the opposite direction to yesterday's photo looking towards the port of St Laurent du Var and if you enlarge it you can just make out the coastline stretching round to Cap d'Antibes in the background.
This beach was created fairly recently and the sand was brought in on lorries as this part of the coast is naturally stony. I like the idea of the palm tree growing on the beach but it does look...lonely.
My thanks for your advice on the blurry photos. I'll try Ming's methods but when I took some today I did think my hand wasn't quite steady...

6 comments:

M.Benaut said...

Angela,
I think your photos are terrific. They seem very sharp when enlarged and you have the benefit of strong sunlight. I cannot find fault with them. On the Apple iMac system I have an editing feature for sharpening photos, but this can sometimes be taken too far. Please keep up the great work, I am enjoying it tremendously.

Mandy said...

I love this picture

isa said...

Reminds me of the Paris Plage, when they haul in all that sand to make a beach along the Seine...

Lonely palm, indeed ;-)

Olivier said...

tres beau panorama, le printemps est superbe chez toi, cela donne vraiment envie. Belle photo avec ce palmier (enfin je pense) tout seul

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,
Sorry about the truly awful uniforms on ADP. There are some better ones about and the winter uniforms are generally much nicer.
I love this photo - when enlarged it is truly spectacular. How far away is the Cap d'Antibes?

Anonymous said...

Oh, a blue sky and blue sea - not snowing as here today!
Enjoy your spring, I enjoy your photos.