Monday 2 March 2009

The Flower Market


I'm usually an early riser but for no obvious reason I was wide awake even earlier on Saturday so we had a quick breakfast and headed into the flower market to watch the sunrise and see the marketeers setting out their stalls. Well, we were early but many of the stalls were already up and running and even doing business. The surprise to me was that all the customers about at that hour were either old people or photographers. You'd have laughed if you'd seen how many people were out there taking photos presumably drawn by the golden hour so accurately described by Babooshka in Friday's post. (I've just tried to copy and paste the link to that particular post and was unable to...any answers, anybody?) Everything seems much more mellow at this time.
And, of course, there was the bonus of second breakfast in the flower market..

11 comments:

Olivier said...

belle lumiere et ombre. J'aime bien cette maison , avec la ce type de fenetre.

FO - 2 said...

Maybe all the photographers were bloggers, just like yourself. ;)
I would love to visit that market. :)
Have a happy week!

Kay said...

This sounds heavenly. I love flower markets, too!

Fio said...

Lovely photo :)
I also had a look at your previos photos and I like them very much!

Greetings :)

Deb said...

Thank you for coming by to visit my site. I love your photos!

Catherine said...

These little one or two levels houses are so gorgeous. I love their color and their architecture.


To make a link with one particular post, you have to click on its tittle to open just that post. Then you copy the particular http address. It means that you'll have the whole address until ".com"+ a part of the tittle of the post. Then you do the same as usual, for the rest. Hope my explainations are understandable.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

this is an excellent photo. nice architectural features and great detail

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Is this the flower market with a car parking under it? If it's that one I remember, it's simply fabulous !

Jane Hards Photography said...

That was a nice surprise, now if I can phisically get to Nice...
Me and links just don't go well. I do what Catherine says, click on the title of the post, open that page, copy the address. In blogger whatever word you choose when drafting a post hihlight it, click the hyperlink in the tools in the draft which opens a box. Delete what's in the space bar and copy and paste the title of the post you copied before. That is provbably as clear as mud, unlike this image which is beautifully lit, in that magic hour.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

That was a great surprise! Even I wouldn't have expected that public if I was in your place :)

My Spirit in Bedse
Birdhouses, Birds

George said...

You did a great job of taking advantage of Babooshka's golden hour. This is a great picture, and I'll bet the second breakfast was pretty good, too.